- University Main Library:
- In the week of 1 - 5 March 2021, open Monday to Friday 9:00 – 18:00. Thereafter, regular opening hours will apply.
- Special reading room: In the week of 1 - 5 March 2021, Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00, thereafter until 18:00 (only by appointment).
- SV Cafeteria and study areas on the 3rd floor will be closed.
- University Business and Economics Library / SWA: Monday to Friday 9:00 – 18:00, Saturday 9:00 – 16:00
- University Medical Library: Monday to Friday 8:00 – 21:00, Saturday 8:30 – 16:00
- University Library Rosental: Monday to Friday 8:00 – 17:00
- University Religion Library: Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00
The openly-accessible holdings (with the exception of the journals collection in the University Main Library) will be open to users again from 1 March 2021.
- The work spaces in the reading rooms of the University Main Library and the Library of the Faculty of Law must now be reserved online.
- In order to be able to guarantee the required distance of 1.5 metres, only every second seat in the reading room may be occupied until further notice.
For non-university members, there are currently no research stations for e-media available in the UB Main Library. However, a limited number of research PCs in the UB Medicine and the UB Economics are available for consulting our databases, e-books and e-journals. You will receive a password for access at the counter.
If a printout of a thesis or seminar paper with ring binding is essential for the completion of a course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to help you as far as possible. This offer applies to members of the University of Basel. It is not possible to print out scripts and copy them yourself.
- Delivery period: 3 days
- Collection: Lending desk University Main Library
- Please deliver as PDF and indicate whether double or single-sided printing is desired
- Fees: 0,10 CHF per A4 page b/w + ring binding CHF 3,00
- The university libraries (or at least their holdings) are open to the public. However, access to all other university buildings is generally only permitted for members of the university.
- The maximum number of people permitted per room is specified where necessary.
- You can find the current number of visitors in our libraries here at any time. The information pertains to all areas of the library; the percentage of reading room occupancy can be significantly higher.
- Please take note of the traffic lights at the entrance and only enter the building when it is green.
- Please have your library card or your student or employee ID ready so that you can identify yourself if necessary.
- Access is only granted to those who do not have symptoms indicating a COVID-19 illness, those who do not live in the same household as someone who has COVID-19 and those who have not had close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- Admission to the special reading rooms only by appointment. Details can be found here.
- In our buildings, it is compulsory to wear a mask.
- Anyone who is not allowed to wear a mask for medical reasons can unfortunately not be admitted, because access to the university’s buildings is only permitted with a mask.
- Please leave your contact details in the marked boxes at the exit. You will find preprinted cards on the reading room tables.
The hygiene and conduct rules of the FOPH apply.