- University Main Library:
- University Business and Economics Library / SWA: regular opening hours
- University Medical Library: Monday to Friday 8:30 – 21:00, Saturday 8:30 – 21:00, Sunday 10:00 - 21:00
- University Library Rosental: Monday to Friday 8:00 – 17:00
- University Religion Library: Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00
The openly-accessible holdings (with the exception of the journals collection in the University Main Library) are open to users.
- The work spaces in the reading rooms of the University Main Library and the Library of the Faculty of Law must now be reserved online.
- In order to be able to guarantee the required distance of 1.5 metres, only every second seat in the reading room may be occupied until further notice.
For non-university members, there are currently no research stations for e-media available in the UB Main Library. However, a limited number of research PCs in the UB Medicine and the UB Economics are available for consulting our databases, e-books and e-journals. You will receive a password for access at the counter.
- The university libraries (or at least their holdings) are open to the public. However, access to all other university buildings is generally only permitted for members of the university.
- The maximum number of people permitted per room is specified where necessary.
- You can find the current number of visitors in our libraries here at any time. The information pertains to all areas of the library; the percentage of reading room occupancy can be significantly higher.
- Please take note of the traffic lights at the entrance and only enter the building when it is green.
- Please have your library card or your student or employee ID ready so that you can identify yourself if necessary.
- Access is only granted to those who do not have symptoms indicating a COVID-19 illness, those who do not live in the same household as someone who has COVID-19 and those who have not had close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- Admission to the special reading rooms only by appointment. Details can be found here.
- In our buildings, it is compulsory to wear a mask.
- Anyone who is not allowed to wear a mask for medical reasons can unfortunately not be admitted, because access to the university’s buildings is only permitted with a mask.
- Please leave your contact details in the marked boxes at the exit. You will find preprinted cards on the reading room tables.
The hygiene and conduct rules of the FOPH apply.