Literature searching with Cochrane Library (in English)
Cochrane is an international network of review groups with experts in all medical specialties whose main tasks are to evaluate clinical trials and write and update systematic reviews to evaluate therapies and disseminate them through the Cochrane Library. The Cochrane Library includes several databases of high-quality evidence that can support health care decision making. The focus is on Cochrane Reviews and randomised controlled trials (RCTs). Since 2016, there has been free access to the Cochrane Library for the whole of Switzerland under a national licence.
- Brief review: defining the research question; Boolean search operators
(AND, OR, NOT); content of the Cochrane Library
- Get to know special search functions of the Cochrane Library
- Thesaurus; searching with Medical Subject Headings; with exercises
- Searching with text words / field search; truncation; with exercises
- Combining MeSH and text word search; with exercises
- Search by subject area, e.g., insurance medicine or methodology
- Saving and managing your search; personal settings, alert services
- Export of references and full texts
Adressatinnen und Adressaten:
Students, researchers, medical staff
Members of Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute have priority access to the course. If sufficient places are available, other persons will be admitted as well.
Veranstaltung übernehmen als iCal