Searching with OVID
This course on OVID® builds on the course “Basics in Literature Search with PubMed and Other Resources”. It will introduce you to this unibas-licensed search platform that covers several of the relevant bibliographic databases (e.g. Medline, Embase, and PsycInfo). Accordingly, instead of laborious inter-database translations (e.g. from PubMed to Embase), your search strategy in OVID® can be transformed into additional database queries essentially by one click. The session includes a presentation and a guided practical online query.
- Basics in literature searching
- Searching with thesaurus/subject headings
- Searching with text words
- Proximity operators
- Towards systematic searching
- Advantages and drawbacks of concomitant searches in several databases (including deduplication)
- Saving and managing searches
- Export of references and access to full texts
Adressatinnen und Adressaten
Students, researchers, medical staff
Basic knowledge of searching e.g. in the PubMed database (corresponding to the content of "Basics in Literature Search: PubMed and Other Resources")
A link will be sent some days before the course (zoom)
*** Möchten Sie über unser Veranstaltungsprogramm informiert werden? Dann registrieren Sie sich für unseren Newsletter!
Export event as iCal