A large number of our manuscripts, prints, maps and portraits are accessible online. The collection is being extended continuously.
- e-manuscripta: manuscript material from Swiss libraries and archives
- e-codices:medieval and early modern manuscripts from Switzerland
- Bernoulli-Briefedition: meticulously redacted letters written by the Basel mathematician and physicist from the Bernoulli family (17th and 18th centuries), complemented with pictures of the handwritten originals and detailed commentaries
- Codices Fuldenses Helvetiae - in English and German
- Manuscripts from the Monastic Library of Lorsch - in English and German
- Manuscripts of the Greek New Testament - in English and German
- Manuscripts from the Carthusian monastery of Basel
- Hebrew Manuscript Library of Switzerland - in English and German
Collections in e-manuscripta
- RISM: Works by Hans Huber (1852-1921)
- e-rara: prints from the 15th to the 19th century from Swiss libraries, including several thousand prints from Basel from the 16th century.
- map portal
- Greek spirit from the Basel printers: catalogue of the early Greek prints from Basel in text and pictures
- Opera poetica Basiliensia: a joint project between the institute for Romance Studies, the institute for Classical Philology and the University Library Basel.
- Index typographorum editorumque Basiliensium (ITB): The ITB is the new electronic Basel book printing and publishing catalogue. It documents the production of all known printers and publishers which existed between the start of printing activity around 1468 up until the year 1800. It also provides detailed information about the specific printing houses.
- Bilderfolgen Basler Frühdrucke: artistic analysis of the connections between pictures and texts of the illustrated Basel incunabula.
- Erasmus von Rotterdam - Die Liebe zum Wort: course is based on the University Library exhibition "Das bessere Bild Christi" (2016)
- E-ZAS Elektronische Zeitungsausschnittsammlung (electronic newspaper cuttings): sources from the Swiss economy since 2013.
- Image library of Jacob Burckhardt: earliest and largest received collection of photographic reproduction by an art historian from the second half of the 19th century.
- Portraits of Basel personalities