Basics in Literature Searching: PubMed and Other Resources
- Formulating the question (with exercises)
- Various search approaches
- Contents of medical literature resources (PubMed, Embase, Cochrane, Google Scholar, library catalogue, UpToDate and others)
- Free-text searching
- Working with Boolean search operators (AND, OR, NOT) (with exercises)
- Narrowing search results with filters
- Basic functions: Sort results; export results; access to full texts via swisscovery
Documenting the search process
All interested persons who want to learn the basics of searching in medical literature databases: Medical, nursing, sports science, and pharmaceutical science students, physicians, researchers, and caregivers, among others.
*** Möchten Sie über unser kulturelles Veranstaltungsprogramm informiert werden? Dann registrieren Sie sich für unseren Newsletter!
Export event as iCal