Book work spaces in the reading rooms online
From 1 March 2021, the work spaces in the reading rooms and study areas of the University Main Library and the Library of the Faculty of Law must be reserved online. This should make the use of available spaces clearer and easier to plan. In addition, thanks to seating reservations, large gatherings of people looking for a work space can be prevented and corona contact tracing will be ensured.
A small number of unreservable seats are available for people without a booking option.
- Work spaces can be booked a maximum of one week in advance.
- The duration can be selected freely within the opening hours.
- You will need to check in to the reservation system at the start time, otherwise the reservation will expire.
- There are two different booking platforms for members of the University of Basel and external users.
Links to the platforms
- Work spaces for members of the university (log in directly with your Unibas username and password)
- Work spaces for external users (registration required)
The pilot phase will start on the 1st March 2021 with the University Main Library and the Library of the Faculty of Law. An expansion to other university libraries is being examined.