Language is the most massive and inclusive art we know, a mountainous and anonymous work of unconscious generations.Edward Sapir
Subject-specific courses in Linguistics
At this point there are no specific research courses on offer for General Linguistics.
However, it is always possible to schedule an individual consultation to discuss questions regarding research for projects in linguistics. Please email the subject librarian for more details.
General training courses and guided tours at the University Library
For non-subject-specific questions, please take a look at the guided tours, training sessions and courses available at the University Library.
More e-resources – can be accessed within the Unibas network
University Library holdings
· important encyclopaedias, dictionaries, bibliographies, etc.
· a wide provision of monographic literature for the study and research of, and covering relevant themes relating to, historical and modern linguistics and its subdisciplines
· language textbooks and teaching materials
· teaching materials for foreign language lessons
· books and materials on language didactics