Introduction to the University Library
- to understand the layout of the reading rooms and open stacks
- mastering the basics of searching for musicological information and finding literature and media via the local library catalogue
- navigation of the University Library websites and an introduction to the musicological electronic information and media available
Advanced information searching
- for topic-related information searching in NewGrove, RILM and IIMP
- for identifying different types of publications and finding specific sources
- to enable the independent use of electronic resources
Individual topic-related consultation.
Musical holdings of the University Library
- general and specialist dictionaries and lexicons
- catalogues of works
- general and specialist research literature
- collected editions
- study scores
- early prints, historical collections
- Composers’ bequests
- in the university’s network: databases such as RISM, RILM, RIPM, New Grove Dictionary and electronic journals
Music libraries in Basel with additional holdings
- Musikwissenschaftliches Seminar: musicological reference library, microfilms, sound recording media.
- Musik-Akademie: sheet music, performance scores, performance material, textbooks, sound recording media, reference library with a focus on early music.
- Paul Sacher Stiftung: specialist library for music in the 20th century: music manuscripts, issued music, literature, sound recording media