Here you will find the e-books licensed by the University of Basel as well as freely-accessible e-books (all e-books are also listed in our search portal swisscovery Basel). Please note: Access to licensed products is only possible in the network of the University of Basel or via VPN (see: Access authorisation).
For a list of all e-books click on the red button or enter your search terms in the search field.
For the following publishers we have complete or very extensive access to their publications. All titles are also listed individually in our search portal swisscovery Basel. As a rule, no special logins are required; however, access via the University of Basel network is required.
All subject areas
- Cambridge University Press
- De Gruyter
- Ebook Central (aggregator across various publishers); Guide to Ebook Central (in German)
- Elsevier: ScienceDirect (until at least 31.12.2022)
- Gale eBooks
- O’Reilly Learning (for members of the university only, login with SWITCH edu-ID required)
- Oxford University Press (not all collections)
- Wiley (excluding textbooks, reference works, book series and laboratory protocols)
- Taylor&Francis (one-off purchases, plus all subject=science, no DRM, from 2018)