Here you will find the e-books licensed by the University of Basel as well as freely-accessible e-books (all e-books are also listed in our search portal swisscovery Basel). Please note: Access to licensed products is only possible in the network of the University of Basel or via VPN (see: Access authorisation).
For a list of all e-books click on the red button or enter your search terms in the search field.
Overview by subject area
In some cases, overview lists of the most important e-books for each subject area are available on the individual subject area pages
For the following publishers we have complete or very extensive access to their publications. All titles are also listed individually in our search portal swisscovery Basel. As a rule, no special logins are required; however, access via the University of Basel network is required.
All subject areas
- Cambridge University Press
- De Gruyter
- Ebook Central (aggregator across various publishers); Guide to Ebook Central (in German)
- Elsevier: ScienceDirect
- Gale eBooks
- O’Reilly Learning (for members of the university only, login with SWITCH edu-ID required)
- Oxford University Press (not all collections)
- Pearson (textbooks)
- Wiley (excluding textbooks, reference works, book series and laboratory protocols)
- Taylor&Francis (all subject=science, no DRM, from 2018: not continued from 2023, one-off purchases only)
Portals for individual subject areas
- Medicine: Thieme eRef Lehrbücher
- Medicine: Clinical Key Student Elsevier (either log in with your own account for Clinical Key or select "Anmeldung über Ihre Institution" -> Universität Basel)