Images from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey, the Digitized Sky Survey and the Hubble Space Telescope and more.
Near Earth Object Program
Jet Propulsion Laboratory Pasadena, California
The Nine Planets
A Multimedia Tour of the Solar System, B. Arnett, University of Arizona
Managed by the Exoplanet Exploration Program and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory for NASA’s Astrophysics Division.
SIMBAD Astronomical Database
Contains information on 3.3 million astronomical objects.
Sky View Café
Interactive Planetarium, Kerry Shetline
Sloan Digital Sky Survey
digital map of the sky (Astrophysical Research Consortium, Apache Point Observatory, New Mexico)
Online Planetarium, Fourmilab, Schweiz
Accessible online within the university’s computer network:
- e-journals: extensive range of topical journals, many journal archives going back to the first issue, complete publisher collections (for example AIP, APS, Elsevier, IoPP, Springer, Wiley)
- bibliographic databases (INSPEC, Derwent Innovations Index, Scopus, Web of Science)
- e-books: Springer E-Book Collection Physics and Astronomy (all physics and astronomy books in German and English since 2005), all e-books from the Wiley Online Library and De Gruyter Online (excluding textbooks and teaching materials, which are offered on separate platforms)
Print holdings at the University Main Library:
- textbooks (English and German), to some extent with duplicate copies (one in the open stacks and one in the reading room)
- reference works
- introduction to areas of expertise and methods
- physics: history, society and philosophy
- a small number of conference proceedings and research literature in print
Libraries with additional holdings: