SciFinder-n offers access to the most comprehensive databases in chemistry and related fields, produced by Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS):
- Chemical Abstracts 50+ Mio. references to journal articles, conference proceedings, patents and more from 1907
- Registry structure and properties of 200+ Mio. chemical substances and 70+ Mio. protein and nucleic acid sequences
- CASReact including 120 Mio. chemical reactions
- plus suppliers, regulations and markush representations in patents
From 1.1.2023 SciFinder-n is enhanced to the CAS SciFinder Discovery Platform, including i.a.:
- CAS Retrosynthesis Planner
- ChemZent (Chemisches Zentralblatt from 1830)
- CAS Analytical Methods, via Filter CAS Solutions or new standalone methodsnow.com
- NewBioactivity data via Filter
- NewCAS Formulus via Filter CAS Solutions oder standalone formulus.cas.org
The accounts are valid for all platforms. "Classic" SciFinder is discontinued since 1.1.2022.
Who is entitled to get a SciFinder-n account?
All members of the Universität Basel using a mail address within the domain unibas.ch.
How to register with SciFinder-n?
A registration in advance is required: Instructions (members of Univ. Basel only)
Sessions will be terminated after 20 minutes of inactivity.