Subject-specific training courses
There are no subject-specific training courses available for General Literary Studies. Please refer to the courses offered by the individual philologies.
For subject-specific questions relating to information research, please get in touch with the subject librarian.
University Library holdings
in German translation: important individual works of various literatures that are not taught at the University of Basel, for example Japanese
- fundamental works: encyclopaedias, handbooks and literary histories overarching national literatures
- wide provision of monographic literature on literary criticism and literary theory, comprehensive studies on literatures, authors, genres and epochs
- important literary journals and journals on literary studies
- older scholarly literature
- applied literary didactics
- teaching materials and textbooks for literature classes
- audiobooks and film adaptations of literature
libraries with additional collections
- all philological institutes
- Pädagogisches Zentrum PZ.BS: works on literary didactics, textbooks and teaching materials
- GGG Stadtbibliothek: fiction from around the globe