Subject-specific training courses
There are no subject-specific training courses available for Scandinavian Studies. Please refer to the courses offered by German Studies.
For individual questions relating to information research, please get in touch with the subject librarian.
All training opportunities
An overview of all training opportunities available at the University Library can be found here.
University Library holdings
- in German translation: a selection of important individual works of Old Norse and modern Scandinavian literature
- in the original languages: the most important texts of Old Norse literature in authoritative editions, individual editions by modern authors
- large language dictionaries and bibliographies
- important encyclopedias and fundamental works, predominately in generally accessible languages (i.e. German, English, French)
- selected monographic literature on individual authors, epochs and genres, in generally accessible languages
- selected literary journals and journals on literary studies, predominately in generally accessible languages
- significant holdings of Old Norse editions
- older scholarly literature
- language teaching materials
libraries with additional collections
- Seminar für Nordistik, University of Basel: primary and secondary literature in the original languages
- GGG Stadtbibliothek: fiction from Scandinavian countries in German translation, language teaching materials, travel guides