AGENCY FOR TOXIC SUBSTANCES AND DISEASE REGISTRY
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Gefahrstoffinformationssystem der gewerblichen Berufsgenossenschaften
Die Verbraucher Initiative, Bonn
including "International Chemical Safety Cards"
The Cambridge Structural Database (CSD)
The Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre (CCDC)
CAS Common Chemistry
Open community resource for accessing chemical information. API access available.
Crystallography Open Database
Including data and software from CrystalEye
Search and order from over 7.3 million Building Blocks.
IUPAC Compendium of Chemical Terminology
"Gold Book" This online version corresponds to the second edition, compiled by Alan D. McNaught and Andrew Wilkinson.
IUPAC Nomenclature of Organic Chemistry
Published with permission of the IUPAC by ACD
NIST Physical Reference Data
National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA (Physical constants and data)
The world's largest collection of freely accessible chemical information, NCBI
Access to the catalogues of various chemical manufacturers
Clickable periodic table, Mark Winter, University of Sheffield, England
Online within the university’s computer network:
- e-journals: extensive range of current scientific journals, many with archives from the first issue, complete publisher collections (for example ACS, Elsevier, RSC, Springer, Wiley)
- bibliographic, reaction and structure databases (SciFinder-n, Reaxys, Scopus, Web of Science)
- e-books: Springer E-Book Collection Chemistry (all German and English language chemistry books since 2005 including textbooks); all e-books from the Wiley Online Library and De Gruyter Online (excluding textbooks, which are offered on separate platforms)
University Main Library printed holdings:
- textbooks (English and German), sometimes duplicate copies (open stacks and reading room)
- introduction to specialist areas and methods
- chemistry: history, society, philosophy
- selected printed journals and magazines of general interest